The Arts and Sciences Division offers programs that lead to an Associate in Arts, Associate in Engineering, Associate in Fine Arts Music, or Associate in Science degree. Graduates from Isothermal with AA/AE/AFA/AS degrees transfer successfully to four-year colleges and universities.
Graduates will be able to:
- Communicate effectively through writing, reading, speaking, and listening through the demonstration of information literacy
- Analyze problems and make logical conclusions
- Demonstrate positive interpersonal skills through cooperative learning and group interaction
- Demonstrate quantitative competencies
- Demonstrate technology skills
- Demonstrate an awareness and an understanding of diverse culture and historical perspective
- For the AA and AS, transfer successfully the entire core into a Bachelor’s Degree program at any state university in North Carolina to which they are accepted, as well as most other universities and colleges in the United States. Further, students that go beyond the transfer general education component and complete an AA degree or AS degree should be able to transfer as a junior (3rd year) level student.