Where are the links?
Links to all online tools can be found in the quick links menu in the main header of all Isothermal Community College's web pages.
E-Mail, Patriot Port, and Moodle: User Name and Password Guide
What you need to know first:
- Your Social Security Number (SSN)
- The college's E-Mail domain: @student.isothermal.edu
- Your Student ID
Where to find your student ID:
* The top left of your class schedule, beneath your name
* Letter or card received from the Admissions Office upon being accepted to the college
* Below your picture on your Student ID Card
Examples below will be provided for student: John Q. Public, with Student ID 46789
and SSN 000-00-1234.
Your User Name uses lower case letters and follows this scheme:
- The first letter of your first name (ex: j)
- Your full last name (ex: public)
- The last 4 digits of your student ID (ex: 6789)
John Q. Public's Email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
John Q. Public's Patriot Port User Name is: jpublic6789
John Q. Public's Moodle User Name is: jpublic6789
IMPORTANT: When logging into E-Mail, add the domain, @student.isothermal.edu to the User Name (ex: email@example.com).
Your password also uses this scheme:
- The first 2 letters of your first name, with the first letter capitalized (ex: Jo)
- The first 2 letters of your last name (ex: pu)
- An asterisk (ex: *)
- The last 4 digits of your SSN (ex: 1234)
John Q. Public's password is: Jopu*1234
Note: Login formats are not the same for international students. Please contact the Help Desk for assistance.