Federal Work Study
Federal Work-Study (FWS) is a block grant which provides part-time jobs for undergraduate and graduate students with financial need, allowing them to earn money to help pay education expenses. Employment may be on or off campus with eligible employers. Students must first complete a FAFSA. They must then complete a work-study application and return it to the financial aid office.
Students must meet the following requirements in order to be considered for federal financial aid at Isothermal Community College. Students must:
- Be enrolled at Isothermal Community College in an associates degree program or an approved diploma/ certification program.
- Be a United States Citizen or an eligible non citizen.
- Have a Social Security card that carries a current and accurate legal name and Social Security Number.
- Not be in default on a federal student loan or owe a repayment on a federal grant.
- Return necessary documents requested by the Financial Aid Office and the Office of Admissions.
- If required, you must be registered with Selective Service. You can register on the Selective Service web site
- You must be making satisfactory academic progress toward a degree. Please read the Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) Policy for Financial Aid Eligibility to determine if you meet its requirements. If you are not making satisfactory academic progress, you may appeal your status by completing a SAP Appeal form.
- Not be in violation for the sale or possession of a controlled substance.