Career and College Promise
Register for Career and College Promise
Through Career & College Promise (CCP), qualified high-school-age students in North Carolina have the opportunity to pursue these pathways, tuition free, while they are in high school, allowing them to get a jumpstart on their workplace and college preparation.
1. Apply for Admission
A student will need to complete an Isothermal Community College application through CFNC. The application will ask you for your formal name, address, birth date, social security number, education history, etc. Make sure to have this information before you begin the application.
- A student wishing to participate in Career and College Promise must create a CFNC login.
- Once a student creates his/her account, the student will need to indicate their interest via the CFNC website through the CCP Request Form.
- After the student submits his/her CCP Request Form, the high school counselor will assess the student's eligibility.
- After the student’s eligibility has been established, the student them may complete an application for Isothermal Community College
- If ineligible, the student can not take classes within CCP.
- Other requirements may exist for non-public high school students; therefore, please contact the college liaison.
2. Submit an official (sealed, unopened) high school transcript.
3. Submit official test scores (sealed, unopened) from his/her high school, SAT, ACT, Isothermal Placement Exam, etc.
A freshman or sophomore must also submit his/her EOC results for Math I and 8th grade Explorer Results.
4. Submit a copy of a student's homeschool card is required from home school students
5. Attend Career and College Promise Orientation. The orientation will cover the CCP operating procedures, CCP pathways, Isothermal Community College polices, etc. At the meeting, each family will receive the CCP Parent/Student Handbook. If a student can not attend an orientation session, the student will need to view the following Prezi presentation and complete the quiz.
6. Submit the CCP Permission Form
7. Submit the CCP Enrollment Form
8. Submit a safety agreement/liability form (a student who desires to register for a hands-on course such as Welding, Autobody, etc. will be required to sign both forms)
9. Verfiy registration with the college liaison
10. Obtain books, materials, supplies, etc. and begin attending class
11. When the semester begins, the student is required to complete the Mandatory Course Enrollment Assignment. If a student does not complete the Mandatory Course Enrollment Assignment by the Census Date (the date on which a course has met ten percent of the required class time for the semester. Failure to participate in a course, whether it is traditional, hybrid, online, etc, before this date may result in the student being dropped from the course), the student will be dropped from the class.
12. When the semester begins for a traditional, hybrid or web-based, the student must attend the first day of his/her lecture class.