Isothermal Community College

Distance Learning

Distance Learning Complaint Process for Out of State Students

Isothermal Community College desires to resolve student grievances, complaints, and concerns in a timely, fair, and amicable manner. Students residing outside of the State of North Carolina while attending Isothermal Community College who desire to resolve a grievance should follow the College’s Student Grievance Procedure - Board policy: 601-02-02BP. Students should first attempt to resolve complaints with the College.

However, if an issue cannot be resolved internally, you may file a complaint with your State. Institutions delivering courses by distance education are required to provide students with contact information for filing complaints with the State approval or licensing entity in the student’s State of residency and any other relevant State official or agency that would appropriately handle a student’s complaint. The Student Grievance Contact Information for Individual States provides phone numbers, emails, and/or links to state education agencies.

Isothermal Community College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges.