Applied Sciences and Engineering Technology
Industrial Systems Technology
Certificate us also available in this curriculum.
Ceritficate is available in the following:
- Pipefitting Technology
The Industrial Systems Technology curriculum is designed to prepare or upgrade individuals to safely service, maintain, repair, or install equipment. Instruction includes theory and skilled training needed for inspecting, testing, troubleshooting, and diagnosing industrial systems. Students will learn multi-craft technical skills in blueprint reading, mechanical systems maintenance, electricity, hydraulics/pneumatics, welding, machining or fabrication, and includes various diagnostic and repair procedures. Practical application in these industrial systems will be emphasized and additional advanced course work may be offered.
Graduate will be able to:
- Understand and mathematically demonstrate basic engineering-related laws and theories (e.g.. Pascal's Law, Equilibrium)
- Demonstrate competency with test instruments (e.g.. CMM, Calipers and Micrometers)
- Demonstrate competency with manufacturing techniques and processes (e.g.. Material processing, process flow)
- Understands and can demonstrate basic maintenance practices
- Demonstrate knowledge of workplace safety and ethics
What fields or jobs are available for Industrial Systems Technology majors?
- Industrial Machinery Mechanics
- Maintenance Technicians
- Equipment & Material Inspection
- Machine & Process Controller
Who employs Industrial Systems Technology majors?
- Every industry has fields available for technicians/mechanics
- Engineering Firms
- Manufacturing Facilities
- Industrial Maintenance Contractors
Preparing for a career in Industrial Systems Technology:
Have you ever wondered how machinery works? Like to do things “hands-on”? Like doing different things day-to-day? IST graduates learn the skills necessary to troubleshoot and maintain equipment of all types.
Where do I find more information?
- Learning Support and Retention Counselor - 828-395-1436
• Assess your interest and abilities
- Applied Sciences Department - 828-395-1441
- Also, check out related books in the Isothermal library