Applied Sciences and Technologies
Collision Repair and Refinishing Technology
Certificates are also available in this curriculum.
Ceritficates are available in the following:
- Basic Collision Repair and Refinishing
- Advanced Collision Repair and Refinishing
The Collision Repair and Refinishing Technology curriculum prepares individuals to become qualified technicians who possess the diverse skills required to perform quality repairs and proper refinishing techniques on automobile bodies and to diagnose and repair mechanical and electrical systems.
Graduates will be able to:
- Understand and apply all safety, environmental and industry standards as related to collision repair
- Demonstrate knowledge of materials available to technicians for refinishing of automobiles
- Demonstrate ability to use spray equipment to match modern auto finishes
- Demonstrate the ability to figure the cost of materials, parts, and labor for estimating purposes
- Understand automotive electrical systems and how to diagnose problems
What fields or jobs are available for Collision Repair and Refinishing Technology majors?
- Auto Body Technician
- Automotive Painters
- Frame Repair Technician
- Industrial Painting
- Insurance Adjusters
- Parts Sales
Who employees Collision Repair and Refinishing Technology majors?
- Auto Parts Sales
- Collision Repair Shops
- Industrial Applications
- New and used Auto Dealers
Preparing for a career in Collision Repair and Refinishing Technology:
- High School Diploma
- Good reading and math skills
- Must have tools as shops do not furnish them
- Be prepared to work as an apprentice for 3 to 4 years to become skilled in all aspect of job area.
- Possess some artistic ability to help in the repair process.