Applied Sciences and Technologies
Building Construction Technology
Diploma and Certificate are also available in this curriculum.
Diploma is also available in the following:
Certificates are available in the following:
- Advanced Carpentry
- Basic Carpentry - Gainful Employment Information Certificate
Gainful Employment Information Diploma
- Basic Construction
- Basic Plumbing
- Elementary Carpentry
- General Contractor Licensing Preparation
- Sustainable Building Design - Gainful Employment Information
The Building Construction Technology curriculum is designed to provide students with an overview of the building construction industry. Construction labs/lecture courses and other related classes, provide students with up-to-date knowledge on materials, trends, and techniques of the ever-changing construction industry.
Graduates will be able to:
- Have an understanding of construction tools and their safety
- Demonstrate basic safety concepts: lifting, signaling, rigging, and use of SDS
- Exhibit the ability to recognize and apply appropriate general construction skills
- Have knowledge of general employment skills such as resumes, sending and receiving emails, timesheets, research through Internet
What fields or jobs are available for Building Construction majors?
- Construction Trades: plumbing, electrical
- Job Site Superintendents
- Owning your own company
- Project Coordinators
Who employs Building Construction Technology majors?
- Construction Companies
- Governmental Agencies
- Material Suppliers
- Self Employed
- Utility Companies
Preparing for a career in Building Construction Technology:
The Building Construction Technology Program provides students with a “hands on” approach to education. Students are not only exposed to the latest technology in construction through classroom experience, but also practice what they have learned by construction of homes. The knowledge and skills that are acquired enable the students to begin a career with a construction company at a much higher job level as well as increased salary. Upon graduation, the students posses the tools to open their own company if that is their choice.